Inclement Weather

With school boundaries as large as ours, we must take several factors into consideration when making the decision to delay the start of school or close the campus.  The safety of our students, their parents, and our staff is of utmost concern to us. In general, we look to our neighboring districts and the districts from which most of our students come (Lewisville ISD, Plano ISD, and Frisco ISD) to determine whether or not enough of our students would be able to make it to school safely to justify opening the campus.  We must also consider whether enough of our staff would be able to reach school safely.

We make every effort to make decisions such as this by 6:00 a.m.  When there is need for a closing or a delay, emails are sent via Membership Toolkit, and the information will also be posted on our Twitter and Facebook page as well as our website.  If we delay school, there will be no morning Castle Club, and we will continue to monitor the roads.  If conditions do not show signs of improvement, school may be cancelled for the day.  In such a case, we will make that decision by 8:00 a.m.  Please continue to check your email address that you provided in Membership Toolkit, the school's social media accounts, and for updates as needed.